Thank you for supporting us in our first year! We are so grateful for the community of compassionate animal lovers who believe in our mission to fundraise for animal advocacy in the USA and globally (we donate 100% of net proceeds).
We’re proud to share that in 2018, we donated more than $4,200.💸
Here are some of the organizations we worked with:
-Sheldrick Wildlife Trust: we chose Sheldrick because of the amazing work they do rescuing and rehabilitating orphaned elephants and rhinos in Kenya. We fostered three elephants and one rhino. Pictured below: Ziwa the elephant and Solio the rhino
- Oakland Animal Services: based in our hometown, we reached out to OAS from the beginning. They run programs for spaying/neutering, emergency medical services, and adoptions. They were our largest beneficiaries with a combined $1,250 in donation.
- Berkeley Humane: not only does Berkeley Humane host fun community events like Pints for Paws 🍻, they also live up to their values of respect, care, and community. In 2017, they adopted out 1000+ dogs and cats and have a 98.84% annual live release rate.
- Front Street Animal Shelter: as a municipal shelter, FSAS works hard for the entire community. For example, volunteers run a free clinic 🏠 to vaccinate, microchip and license pets. In 2016, they served 1,600 animals! Our donation went specifically to help spay/neuter 5 animals.
- East Bay SPCA: since 1874, they’ve fulfilled their mission to “eliminate animal cruelty, neglect, and overpopulation.” We donated a combined total of $750.💰
- North Valley Animal Disaster Group: the Camp Fire was one of the most destructive wildfires in California history. We donated $150 to the Red Cross to help displaced families find some comfort during the holidays. We also donated $250 to help displaced animals, including 🐴🐮🐓🐶🐱.
The second part of our mission is community outreach and to release a children’s book 📚 on how to greet dogs the right way as well as healthy eating. We’ve got promising leads on collaborators so stay tuned!!
All of this wouldn’t have been possible without your support! 🎉 In 2019, we want to do even more and double our donation to fight animal cruelty of 🐶 and 🐱 and to advocate for 🐘 and 🦏.
Please share with your friends and family, follow us on instagram (@bulldogandbourbon), and check out our store